“All around me are familiar faces/ Worn out places, worn out faces” and it’s already clear which song we’re talking about: the 80s classic “Mad World”, part of the popular cultural experience.
Entirely revisited and twisted, with the bass guitar as a protagonist and the voice ranging from clean to scream. This version embraces features from both classic metal and the more modern and fresh one.
The song comes with a lyric video that will help you remember the words and sing it together with Dave while you get to know the members of the band.
This is the appetizer that Glasfold put at stake to introduce themselves to the audience, waiting to surprise everyone with their original music.
“Mad World” will be available only on Youtube and on the physical copies of the album, that will be released in a couple of months.
The mix and the master of “Mad World” have been entrusted to Michele Guaitoli’s (Vision of Atlantis, Era, Temperance) skillful hands. The lyric video has been created by Coward Creation.
Glasfold were officially born in 2021, when Dave joined the band. They immediately work hard at composing original music, where each member brings his own contribute and influences. The band quickly submits a demo to Michele Guaitoli, who appreciates it and becomes their producer.
The actual line-up comprehends:
- Dave Cudicio: born 1988, he starts studying modern singing in 2012. He founds his first band in the same year (Full of Empty, one album released). He keeps studying with Michele Guaitoli and takes part to many seminars with Paola Folli, Michele Luppi and Jey Doublerice. He approaches extreme vocals, as an autodidact at first, and then he specializes in distorted vocals studying with Roberto Marconi and Matteo Ratti. Dave has released many songs during these years, going from 90s dance to nu metal.
- Francesco Capello: born 1974, he starts playing electric guitar at the age of 16. Being passionate about those talented and virtuoso guitarists who left their mark during the 80/90s decades, he works to reproduce those sounds and make them personal. He’s been playing in several cover bands for years before founding Glasfold.
- Lorenzo Grangetto: born 1998, he starts attending music propaedeutic classes at the age of 6. He’s been studying saxophone and drums at the same time for years so his influences come from many music genres, but metal is the heaviest one. He obtained a degree in classic saxophone in 2022 and is about to complete the Dante Agostini Drum School course with Erik Tulissio. He also works in his studio, recording acoustic drums tracks.
- Stefano “Kampa” De Martin: born 1970, he grew up with thrash and heavy metal, like Slayer, Metallica and Iron Maiden. He’s a self-taught bass player and he’s been performing with Reaction and Doomsday for years before joining Glasfold.
- Alessio Dorigo: born 1969, he studied piano when he was a child, until he found out heavy metal and electric guitars. He begins to study Slayer and Metallica’s songs, ending up spending many nights awake playing with his friend and bandmate Francesco Capello. He has personally built one of the guitars he now uses on stage, with the help of a local luthier.